Went and saw Towhee this evening at Southpark Tavern. They were inspiring, as usual. Lately I've been wanting to play in a legit band... you know, like Towhee, or the Pomegranates, or Arcade Fire. It would be nice to be a lead guitar player or a bass player or a synth player for a dance-y band. It's difficult to write dance-y and inspiring music in a two-piece acoustic band. I guess I'm just dreaming. I suppose there's a place for everybody. As Francis puts it "I want to be Rob Withem, but I'm not... I have to live with that". Sometimes I just feel like I'm boring. As you can see, it's hard for me to articulate my feelings.
For some reason I'm thinking a lot right now. My bedtime was about four hours ago. Five hours if you count daylight savings time. Time is going fast and this is a very strange time in my life. Too many distractions.
And if any of you are wondering, recording has been at a bit of a standstill. I'm sick and nasal-y.
And I saw Brian Baxter for the first time in nearly two years. I was super excited about that. He is one of my favorite people ever and I really hope we start hanging out again.
And it's easy to waste an hour or two looking at these:

I had a wonderful weekend as well...and I had a day worth writing about that I wrote about on my blog. Check it out.
ReplyDeleteBeing in a band is really fun. It was awesome playing music with my best friends in the world up on stage in front of loud people. I miss it.