Sunday

Prahahaha, it's really not all that funny (JUNE 27)

Prague: I'll spare you all the details and only share the really important stuff.

WALKED A LOT! Literally all day. Saw: Prague Castle, St. Vitus's Cathedral, Old Town Hall, Mozart Museum, Charles Bridge, Church of St. Nicholas, lots of other sights and cathedrals and gardens.

The best of part of Prague was when we went to see Vyšehrad, a castle or cathedral or something, that's not what matters. What matters is we were trekking up the steep incline leading to Vyšehrad and Noel pointed in the general direction of the cathedral/castle/something-or-other when an old man in front of us said something in a different language and pointed with his finger. We kept on walking. So did he. Then a little later he did the same thing again. From that point on he pretty much assumed the position of our tour guide. He spoke Czech (Noel understands) and German (no one understands). Noel told him she didn't speak German, but he kept mixing them and speaking his "Czerman". Anyway, this little old man named Vladimir took us all around the cathedral/castle/asteroid - it was a ton of walking. He was really sweet. He talked to the pigeons and the babies in strollers. And there was a band playing in the park and every time he heard some music he would sway a bit. He used to be a music teacher. He took us to this cemetery where many famous people are buried. He showed us all the famous ones. I didn't understand anything he said. Then we went and saw the band that was playing and he danced a little. When we told him we were going to go he asked us to stay and hear one more song with him. We did. I don't remember anything about the cathedral/castle/ocean, obviously, but that's because I was in awe of this little man.

It was wonderful to have our little old rogue tour guide that spoke another language. Vladya, I love you.

Also, I had a Turkish coffee and I think it's my new favorite drink.

And Noel is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment