Met Aya at Köln. Saw the Kölner Dom, which is a rather old, sandstone cathedral. Someone had the great idea of running up to the very top of the cathedral (which always seems to happen), which wore me out a bit. We were able to see the entire city more or less. Still not sure whether or not it was worth the effort...
Best part of Köln was the Lego store. I was so hacked off when I walked into a Lego store for the first time in my life and saw all the many choices of Lego pieces. I never had that when I was kid! Anyway, we spent a considerable amount of time there; playing with the Legos, designing our own Lego men, etc. I was also hoping to find some cool German stores, but where we were all the stores were pretty much stores you would find in an American mall. Disappointing.
Off to Düsseldorf. Just did a lot of walking around, mostly along the Rhine. Ate a bratwurst... not much else happened.
Then we went to a pet store (and supposedly it's the biggest pet store in the world). They were selling miniature pigs, crocodiles, armadillos, sloths, kittens. I'll admit, it was legit.
We're staying with Aya and her family tonight, they live in Witten. They own a pony of a dog. It's a german shepherd or great dane or grizzly bear or something like that. It's by far the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life.
Aya speaks 5 languages. Germans are super smart. I'm very inspired to take lots of language courses at Sinclair.
My head hurts and we're getting up early for Amsterdam in the morning. Hopefully I'll have more to say next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment